Is this seat taken?
This post may contain affiliate links and I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you if you make a purchase from one of these links. This keeps Remodelicious alive!
Who doesn’t love an adorable Pottery Barn Anywhere Chair? Who actually wants to spring for one? That’s what started me on this project, but really, I wasn’t crazy about the solid colors and limited patters that just looked like they would show every little stain & goldfish.
I bought this pattern from Etsy and modified it slightly using foam armrests in a more modern shape. I loved the pocket in the back — perfect for assorted kid odds & ends. This isn’t for beginner sewers without help, but you don’t need to be a pro either. I did the first one in a day and the second one in a few evenings.
A few notes…
- If you’re not up for a serious project, I’d buy.
- The foam costs a fortune so you may not actually save money. I bought at Joanne’s with a 40% off coupon. They let me use it for all of the foam, not just one piece, since I was buying so much (PLUS they pre-cut some for me).
- An alternate version would be to just make a cover for a standard PB Kids chair. I haven’t seen a pattern so you may need to make one using an old cover.
- You can also consider the Land of Nod “Nod Chair”
- I also considered buying a used PB Anywhere Chair and recovering or buying an ebay cover, but this had the pocket and any pattern I want!