Mobiles are for babies, chandeliers are for princesses
This post may contain affiliate links and I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you if you make a purchase from one of these links. This keeps Remodelicious alive!
We went with a simple way to add some seriously girly drama to Cora’s room with a purple chandelier! Our little big(ger) girl has declared herself a princess and is no longer interested in mobiles. It was the perfect way to glam up her room with one update.
Here’s a link to the chandelier we used.
- We purchased a hook to hang the light seperately. The included one was flimsy plastic so not good enough to hang over our little one’s bed.
- We made are that the hook hanging the light was secured into a stud. No drywall anchors here, even though it meant moving the bed over a bit to center it.
- The plastic “chrome effect” hook did get some use. It’s routing the extra chain & cord away from the bed.
- We hung this as a swag lamp instead of replacing the ceiling fan because this is Texas and we use the heck out of our ceiling fans.
- We made sure there was plenty of clearance between the fan & chandelier.
- There was a switch on the cord already, otherwise we would have added one.
- For baby proofing, we covered the lower part of the cord with plastic cord wrap.