Wrapping Paper Drawer Liners
This post may contain affiliate links and I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you if you make a purchase from one of these links. This keeps Remodelicious alive!
This is another oldie but goodie. I love vintage furniture, especially when I’ve made it mine. I’m not one to immediately paint a piece. I will only paint a lower quality piece (no 100-year-old quarter-sawn dressers, you know who you are) or one that was previously painted.
A set up from drawer liners is Mod-Podged wrapping paper drawer liners. You can use a fun design that you don’t usually find in a drawer and using Mod-Podge really makes it stick down great.
In addition to a fabulous piece of furniture, you’ll need:
- Mod-Podge (I prefer matte-finish, see name board project)
- Enough wrapping paper to fill the bottom (and sides if you’re feeling extra crafty), preferably in a dimension that will fill the entire space.
- About 30 minutes
My wrapping paper was slightly to narrow for the drawer, so to fill the space I repeated that step with the first piece of paper sitting in the drawer. I was careful to line up the design so the seam wouldn’t be noticeable.
Then smooth the paper onto the Mod-Podge. Watch for bubbles and smooth them out if you can. If you can’t you can poke them with a thumb tack or needle to give the air a way out and then smooth. Repeat for any additional pieces needed to fill the bottom (and/or sides) of the drawer.
We get compliments whenever someone sees the drawers to this dresser open. It was initially the dresser in the nursery where it doubled as a changing table and is now in Cora’s room.
A few extra ideas:
- You don’t have to use the same print for each drawer. Feel free to switch it up. I couldn’t find 4 designs that I loved so I stuck with the one I did love.
- You can do this with the same or different paper on the sides of the drawer. I’d wait for the bottom to dry before doing the sides.
- You could paint the sides of the inside of the drawer before this project. I love that surprise pop of color.
Here’s the dresser I used for this project: