Who doesn’t love an adorable Pottery Barn Anywhere Chair? Who actually wants to spring for one? That’s what started me on this project, but really, I wasn’t crazy about the solid colors and limited patters that just looked like they would show every little stain & goldfish.
I bought this pattern from Etsy and modified it slightly using foam armrests in a more modern shape. I loved the pocket in the back — perfect for assorted kid odds & ends. This isn’t for beginner sewers without help, but you don’t need to be a pro either. I did the first one in a day and the second one in a few evenings.
A few notes…
- If you’re not up for a serious project, I’d buy.
- The foam costs a fortune so you may not actually save money. I bought at Joanne’s with a 40% off coupon. They let me use it for all of the foam, not just one piece, since I was buying so much (PLUS they pre-cut some for me).
- An alternate version would be to just make a cover for a standard PB Kids chair. I haven’t seen a pattern so you may need to make one using an old cover.
- You can also consider the Land of Nod “Nod Chair”
- I also considered buying a used PB Anywhere Chair and recovering or buying an ebay cover, but this had the pocket and any pattern I want!
[…] was this a year ago when I made our anywhere chairs because I would have sprung for these new ones in a heartbeat. My little purple & […]